Upcoming Events

Jason Kelly Johnson will be running a one-day intensive Firefly/Arduino Workshop "RESPONSIVE BUILDING FACADES" on July 27, 2012 in San Francisco (as a part of the Architect's Newspaper "Art and Science of Building Facades" Symposium.) Register here.

*Read Jason's Hardware Recommendations blog post for 2012-13 Firefly Workshops.  

Are you teaching or participating in a workshop that is using Firefly?  Let us know about it and we'll feature it here on the Firefly website! (info@fireflyexperiments.com)

Discussions > it reads but doesn't write

I don't understand why I can corectly read e sensor output with firefly but I can't activate anything, no LED, no servo...

My arduino is on port COM 4 and it's active (Arduino: tools>arduino UNO - tools>port com 4), I load Firefly_UNO_Firmata before GH and I get no error by arduino, I open the port by firefly an get no error, Firefly correctly read any sensor output and I can use them to create geometry in Rhino, but if I try to turn on a LED with the write UNO component nothing happen, it says that the port is open and it's writing on arduino board but still nothing happen.

If I try to turn on a LED, or activate a servo directly by Arduino it works perfectly.

So I think that something goes wrong when firefly try o generate the output.

What should I do?

Hardware:

Windows 8.1 - 64

Arduino UNO

Software:

Arduino IDE 1.6.4

Rhinoceros 5

Grasshopper 0.9.0066

Firefly 1.070 (64)

Firefly_UNO_Firmata.ino (Firefly Build 1.0066)

June 8, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterGasta

I am also having the same problem... Did you manage to find a fix for yours?

December 10, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Balm