Upcoming Events

Jason Kelly Johnson will be running a one-day intensive Firefly/Arduino Workshop "RESPONSIVE BUILDING FACADES" on July 27, 2012 in San Francisco (as a part of the Architect's Newspaper "Art and Science of Building Facades" Symposium.) Register here.

*Read Jason's Hardware Recommendations blog post for 2012-13 Firefly Workshops.  

Are you teaching or participating in a workshop that is using Firefly?  Let us know about it and we'll feature it here on the Firefly website! (info@fireflyexperiments.com)

Discussions > Adding more PWM port to arduino uno or mega

I would like to control the fading of 50 leds, independently, using the pwm ports of the arduino uno or mega.

Is there a way to add more pwm ports to the arduino uno or mega?
Is it posible to configure the other ports to work like pwm ports?
Is it posible to send a list of values to one port to control serveral leds from only one port?

Thanks,

July 5, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterCarlos Navarro

I was wondering the same thing but for multiple servos. I actually bought a adafruit 16 channel servo driver, but now this driver is connected to the arduino uno with only 2 cables(STL and SDA) Is there a way to use the firefly firmata to send the data from grasshopper to arduino and afterwards to the external controller?
I hope someone can help!
Regards,
Elmar

October 31, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterElmar van Cleynenbreugel

You can use software emulated PWM

https://code.google.com/p/rogue-code/wiki/SoftPWMLibraryDocumentation

January 5, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterFelipe Bade