Upcoming Events

Jason Kelly Johnson will be running a one-day intensive Firefly/Arduino Workshop "RESPONSIVE BUILDING FACADES" on July 27, 2012 in San Francisco (as a part of the Architect's Newspaper "Art and Science of Building Facades" Symposium.) Register here.

*Read Jason's Hardware Recommendations blog post for 2012-13 Firefly Workshops.  

Are you teaching or participating in a workshop that is using Firefly?  Let us know about it and we'll feature it here on the Firefly website! (info@fireflyexperiments.com)

Discussions > Changing Webcam Video Stream input to PS Eye?

Hi Andy,

I have noticed that you have used PS Eye before. I was wondering how I could change the video input for WebCam Video STream from the default laptop webcam to PS Eye. I have already installed the driver for it and it is working fine outside of Grasshopper.

Thanks,
James

May 22, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJames Lee

Hi James,
I think you need to go into your device manager (should be under your control panel) and disable your primary web cam device (you should be able to right-click on it and temporarily disable it... you can always re-enable it to get it working again). Then, the camera should automatically pick up your PS Eye camera. In the future I plan to implement a camera selection menu so you can choose from the available cameras on your machine.
HTH,
Andy

May 23, 2012 | Registered CommenterEditor

Thanks Andy!
It is working smoothly now.

James

May 24, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJames Lee

Great!

May 24, 2012 | Registered CommenterEditor

Dear Andy,

I tryed to do the same to change WebCam to ASUS Xtion Pro Live, but problem is that this device apears in device manager in different location from video capturing devices. Is there any way to access it with WebCam Video STream component?
https://pp.vk.me/c630616/v630616753/35e37/jw6BW0Cv2Ho.jpg

Thanks!

July 6, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterKatrin